Baby Potatoes Fry: These are organic baby potatoes from Meghalaya that one of my friend has given me. I was excited to look at the size of it. It looked liked the chinese checker coins and was sure that this dish could be attractive for kids. For this recipe, I have used amchur powder and garam masala powder – famous here in mumbai.
With the skin on, baby potato comes with lot of nutrients and no fat. But, the accessibility to this type of baby potato in the local market is a question. Else, you can use the ones available in the market. If you are somebody who loves to grow plants at home, then you can give a try for growing baby vegetables – its worth an effort for all its goodness.
1 cup baby potato(bigger ones cut into halves)
1/2 medium sized onion(finely chopped)
1/4 tspn garam masala
1/4 tspn amchur powder(mango powder)
Pinch of turmeric powder
1/4 tspn Fennel seeds
1/4 tspn cummin seeds
2-3 garlic cloves
1 red chilly
1 sprig of curry leaves
salt to taste
1. Heat 1 or 2 tblspn oil in a pan. Then add the fennel seeds, cummin seeds, red chilly, garlic cloves and curry leaves.
2. Add the chopped onions and saute until the onions become translucent.
3. Then add the baby potatoes, garam masala powder, amchur powder, turmeric powder, salt and saute for a minute. Sprinkle some water and cook in medium flame for 6-7 minutes with closed lid.
4. Open the lid, and saute in high flame till all the moist is completely absorbed.
5. Serve hot with sambar rice or curd rice.