Rajma/Kidney beans with mixed veg soup: A comfort food for winter I’d say, to fight with the chillness that you can stand no longer, steaming hot bowl of soup can make your day, whilst this could be one of the way to drag you out of the coziness of the winter cover.
1/4 cup Fresh White Rajma/Kidney Beans
1/4 cup carrot ( chopped into small pieces)
1/4 cup beans(chopped into small pieces)
1/4 cup cabbage (chopped into small pieces)
1/4 cup toor dal stock
1/2 medium sized onion ( finely chopped)
1/2 medium sized tomato (chopped into small pieces)
1/2 tspn cummin seeds
Sprig of curry leaves
Pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 tspn pepper cummin powder
1. Pressure cook rajma for 3 whistle. stain water and keep aside.
2. pressure cook 1 ladle full toor dal for 4-5 whistle. Stain the dal and keep aside the dal stock.
- Pressure cook the vegetables carrot, beans, cabbage along with turmeric powder, pepper cummin powder, salt, half of the chopped onions(other half used for tempering) and chopped tomatoes. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Add rajma & dal stock to the vegetable and let it cook along with the vegetable for another 5 minutes.
- Sideby, heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and the rest of the onions – sauté for a minute and add to the veg soup. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and serve hot.