Cauliflower Egg Stir Fry: I have talked about cleaning and parboiling cauliflower in my previous post on Cauliflower starter. The same method is followed here for this recipe. Instead of soaking the florets in hot water for 10-15 minutes, I’ve let it boil for 5 minutes to speed up the process.
I prepared this dish keeping in mind that it serves for my kid as well. So, I have kept the spice levels low – it’s mild and tasty – a perfect accompaniment for any spicy /tangy gravy and steamed rice.
1 cup cauliflower florets( cut into medium size and parboil it)
1/2 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
1/2 tspn fennel seeds
Pinch of turmeric powder
1 tspn pepper cummin powder
2 green chillies(slit)
A sprig of curry leaves
Few coriander leaves
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the fennel seeds and the curry leaves.
- Then add the chopped onions, green chillies and sauté until the onions become translucent.
- Now add the parboiled cauliflower, 1/2 tspn pepper cumin powder, pinch of turmeric powder, salt and stir well. Sprinkle some water and cook in medium flame with closed lid for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat up egg in a bowl and add it when the florets are cooked.
- Add salt and 1/2 tspn pepper cumin powder again to balance the taste. Stir everything together for 2-3 minutes until the florets get coated with the egg. The egg gets cooked as you stir.
- Switch off the stove. Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve hot.