Bitter Gourd Chilli Fry: I got these nice fresh and large bitter gourds from the local market. 1 large bitter gourd is enough to serve more than two members. This time I’ve added more ingredients than my usual make. For more crispiness, I’ve added rice flour and deep fried them. This dish serves as an excellent side for korma as well as sambar.
1 cup bitter gourd(parboiled and cut into long strips)
1 tblspn rice flour
1 tblspn curd
3/4 tblspn kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tblspn normal spicy chilli powder
Pinch of turmeric powder
1 tspn ginger garlic paste
Salt to taste
Parboiling the Bitter gourd
- Boil water in a vessel. When the water starts vaporizing, switch off the stove. Add 1 tblspn salt and 1/4 tspn turmeric powder to water and then add the bitter gourd(cut into two pieces).
- After 5-10 mins remove bitter gourd from the water. Scrap the central portion that consist of seeds using back of a small spoon or a knife. Cut it into long strips.
- Mix all the ingredients (bitter gourd strips, rice flour, kashmiri chilli powder, normal chilli powder, turmeric powder, curd, ginger garlic paste,salt) in a bowl and keep aside. Let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Deep fry the bitter gourds to golden brown.
- Strain oil and serve the crispy bitter gourd along with korma or sambar