Potato Stir Fry: For lemon rice, tamarind rice or curd rice, the best accompaniment all time is the potato side dish. I pack these easy to make potato stir fry for my husband’s lunch. When there’s not much time to parboil, I dice the potatos just like an onion. I get small cube sized pieces in no time. I’ve given the pictures below to refer on the cutting technique. With few ingredients, this dish could be prepared within 10 minutes.
2 medium sized potatoes(diced)
5-6 garlic pods(crushed)
1/2 tspn fennel seeds
A sprig of curry leaves
1 tspn chilli powder
Pinch of turmeric powder
Salt to taste
- Remove the skin of the potatoes, wash and dice them. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tblspn oil in a pan. Add the fennel seeds, crushed garlic and curry leaves.
- Now add he tdiced potatoes, turmeric powder, salt and sauté in high flame for a minute.
- Turn the flame to low. Now sprinkle some water and cook with lid closed for 5-6 minutes. Stir inbetween.
- When the potatoes turn softer, add the chilli powder and sauté well.
- Let it cook with open lid for another 2 minutes or so. Switch of the stove
- Now your potato stir fry with crispy brown edges is ready.
Note: For best results, use non stick pan.