Egg dosa/muttai dosai:
How could I forget something that I used to really like eating? In one of my recent chats with my sis, I got reminded of egg dosa that my mom used to prepare. It’s very simple and easy to make.
If you have kids at home, then its a must try. Egg dosa serves as an excellent breakfast as well as after-school filler for kids.
Dosa batter(check my post on onion dosa where you would find the method to prepare the batter)
Cumin pepper powder
Salt to taste
- Heat tawa and grease it with few drops of oil (use small cloth or half cut onion for greasing)
- Pour a laddle full of batter on to the tawa. Spread like normal dosas.
- When the dosa is almost cooked, break an egg on it and spread using the dosa spatula.
4. Sprinkle cummin pepper powder and salt on it.Give it a minute and flip to other side. Keep for few seconds and transfer it to a plate.
5. Switch off the stove and serve hot along with a curry
- Make sure the egg is not over cooked. As you spread it on the dosa, the egg gets cooked immediately. While it’s still soft flip to the other side and within few seconds of flipping, it has to be removed from the tawa.
- Tastes good when served hot.