Spring onion bread pakoda recipe: I have tasted bread bajji during my college days. Usually, when bajji is made with veggies, the original flavour of the veggies add more taste and make it delicious. Whereas, bread bajji tastes more bland. So, I have made it in pakoda style along with spring onions and tastes really good. Its a very filling evening snack.
3-4 bread slices
1 cup spring onion (roughly 2-3 bulbs along with the stem)
1 cup besan flour
1/2 cup rice flour
Pinch of baking soda
1 tspn chilli powder
Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix besan flour with rice flour, baking soda. Add enough water to make a batter that is not too thin and not too thick
- To this batter add the spring onions, salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- Take the bread slices. Remove the browns from the sides.
- Cut the bread slices diagonally to get the triangular pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Check if the oil is hot enough, so that when you add a drop of batter, it raises immediately to the top.
- Now dip the bread pieces one by one into the batter and deep fry them in the oil so that its golden brown on both sides
- Now your Spring onion bread pakoda is ready. Serve hot with coffee or tea.