Potato stir fry: I just love the colour, shape and the taste of the potatoes, that I’ve achieved in this preparation. I chose the small potatoes that are more tender than the big ones and they cook faster. Also, when cut lengthwise, we get that beautiful shape which is more appealing. Kashmiri chilli powder adds that enticing color to any dish especially it suits best for marination and fry – and I have used it in this recipe.
4 small potatoes(peel skin and cut lengthwise)
2 tblspn kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
1 tspn mustard seeds
3 tblspn oil
Salt to taste
- In a bowl, add potatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt – sprinkle water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat three tblspn oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds to splutter.
- Now add the spiced up potatoes and sauté in medium flame for a minute.
- Now sprinkle some water and cook in low flame with closed lid for 5-7 minutes.
- Open the lid, sauté for a minute in high flame and switch off of the stove.
- Serve hot with sambar, rasam, dal or curd along with steamed rice.
Note: The mustard seeds give that unique flavour and taste. Adding curry leaves might alter the taste.