Chicken stir fry recipe: This is one first recipes that I’ve learnt from my mom and I use it very often. It tastes good with both veg and non veg curries. I use the normal tomatoes that is more tangy – adds that unique flavour and taste to the fry. Haven’t added any food color, but it has turned out nice red because of the chilli powder.
300gms chicken( medium or small pieces)
1/2 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
1/2 medium sized tomato(finely chopped)
1 tblspn ginger garlic paste
1 tblspn chilli powder
1/2 tblspn coriander powder
1/2 tspn turmeric
1/2 tspn garam masala powder
1 tspn pepper cumin powder
1 red chilly
1 green chilly
1 stalk of curry leaves
Few coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 tspn lemon juice
1/2 tspn fennel seeds
Salt to taste
- Heat 3 tblspn oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds.
- Then add the red chilly, green chilly, curry leaves, few coriander leaves and then the onions.
- Sauté until the onions turn golden brown.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell of the ginger garlic paste goes off.
- Now add the tomatoes and sauté into it becomes mushy.
- Then add all spices – chilli powder, coriander powder, pepper cumin powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder.
- Sauté for a minute. Then add the chicken pieces and stir with the spices. Close lid and cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Open the lid and add some water. Stir and cook for another 15-20 minutes with closed lid.
- By now all the water would be evapourated. Add few curry leaves, stir and cook in high flame for a minute or so. Switch off the stove.
- Add lemon juice, sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.