Paal kozhukkattai recipe: Its such a smooth, soft and refreshing dessert. It’s equally liked by everyone in the family. Especially my kid loves it. So I don’t wait for occasions to make it…rather I make it every other week as an evening snack.
1 cup rice flour
2 cup water
1 tspn ghee
Pinch of salt
For sweet sauce:
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 cardamom (crushed)
1 tblspn ghee
1. Dry Roast the rice flour for 2-3 minutes in a pan( Roast in medium flame so that the colour doesn’t change). Keep aside.
2. Heat water in a bowl. Add salt and ghee to it. As the water starts bubbling, switch off the stove.
3. Immediately add the water to the rice flour slowly and mix with a spatula so as to get a hot dough. Leave the dough to cool for 5-8 minutes
4. Make as many small balls as possible from all of the dough.
5. Steam the balls in idli steamer them for 2-3 minutes(before placing the balls, grease the idli plate)
7. Now add the rice balls to milk and cook for 2-3 minutes in medium flame(longer cooking would break the balls as they are already cooked). Switch off the stove. Now your paal kozhukkattai is ready.
8. Heat ghee in a pan. Add the cashews and raisins. Roast and pour it over the paal kozhukkattai and serve.