Mixed vegetables side dish recipe:
I buy vegetables on a weekly basis. Sometimes when I’m intrigued to make a particular dish, I would buy the ingredients as and when required. After making all these planned out dishes, when I’m left with few vegetables in the refrigerator, I prefer making mixed vegetable curries or side dishes with the left over vegetables. Here is one such recipe that I would like to share with the viewers. It tastes good with curd, sambar and roti.
1/2 medium sized onion(finely chopped)
1/2 small sized Bangalore tomatoes(finely chopped)
1/4 cup french beans
1/4 cup mushroom
1/4 cup carrot
1/4 cup potato
1/4 green peas
1/2 inch ginger(finely chopped & pounded coarsely)
1/2 tspn mustard seeds
1/2 tspn fennel seeds
1/2 tspn cummin seeds
1 green chilly
1 tspn chilli powder
1/4 tspn turmeric powder
1 stalk of curry leaves
Few coriander leaves(finely chopped)
salt to taste
1. Wash and cut all vegetables into small pieces and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, fennel seeds and cummin seeds. Then add ginger, onions, curry leaves and the green chilly.
3. As the onions turn translucent, add the tomatoes and saute for a minute. Now add all the vegetables together. Add 1/4 cup water, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and stir well. Cook in low flame for 5-7 minutes with closed lid. Then cook on medium flame for another 5 minutes.
4. By now all the vegetables would have been cooked and water fully gone.
5. Now keep in high flame and stir for a minute, so as to get a dry spiced up mixed vegetable.
6. Sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.