Ragi Mini Idli Recipe:
If you have read my yesterday’s post on Ragi dosa, same ingredients used in variation 2 goes into making of Ragi idlies except for that this requires fermentation of 6-7 hrs and that the batter has to be thick enough.
For my kid, I give these soft mini ragi idlies with coconut milk or jam as an accompaniment while I prefer having dosas from the fermented batter.
1 cup ragi
1/4 cup urad dhal
1/2 tspn fenugreek seeds
Salt to taste
1. Soak urad dhal along with fenugreek in water for 2 hrs
2. Blend the soaked urad dhal & fenugreek to a fine paste in a mixer.
3. Add the urad paste & salt to the ragi powder – mix well adding very little water so as to get a thick idli batter consistency(mix with your hands). Leave the batter to ferment for 6-7 hours with closed lid. keep in a warm place for fermentation.(Fermentation takes longer time in cold climatic conditions and the reverse applies for hotter places)
4. Grease the mini idli plates with oil. Pour the batter using your tablespoon onto the mini idli plates. Steam them for 5-7 minutes. Remove the idlies with knife or spoon
5. Now the healthy soft mini ragi idlies are ready to be served.