Spicy Brinjal fry recipe: A good accompaniment for curd, sambar and rasam. If you are looking for a easy cooking recipe then I would strongly recommend brinjal fry. Brinjal cooks faster. It saves lot of time and energy, especially for office goers.
5-6 Brinjal (cut length wise)
1 tspn fennel seeds
1 tbl spn chilly powder
1/4 tspn turmeric
Salt to taste
1. Sprinkle water and mix brinjal, chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt in a bowl. Keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tblspn oil in a pan and add fennel seeds.
3. Add the spiced brinjal, and cook in low to medium flame for 5-7 mins. Turn the sides of Brinjal as it get cooked.
4. Sprinkle water if needed especially when the Brinjal is dry. There has to be some moist, so that the brinjal gets cooked evenly. Switch off the stove once the brinjal shrinks and its sides begin to turn crispier
5. Serve hot with rice or pack it in lunch box