Prawn fry Recipe:
Once de-veined, prawns are lot more easier and quick to prepare compared to other non-veg recipes. It’s yummy, delicious and an excellent side dish for rice.
500 gms prawns
1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
1 tbl spn chilli powder
1/2 tbl spn coriander powder
1 tspn pepper powder
1/2 tspn cummin powder
1/4 tspn turmeric powder
1 & 1/2 tblspn ginger garlic paste
1 lemon( small sized)
1 tspn fennel seeds
1 green chilly
2 stalks of curry leaves
Few coriander leaves
Salt to taste.
1. Mix all spices – chilli powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, cummin powder, turmeric powder, salt, 1/2 tblspn ginger garlic paste, juice from quarter lemon with prawns on a vessel. Let it marinate for 15 minutes. Keep aside.
2. Heat 3 tbl spn oil in a pan. Add the fennel seeds, green chilly and the curry leaves.
3. Then add the finely chopped onion and sauté until the onion becomes golden brown. Now add the remaining 1 tblspn ginger garlic paste.
4. Sauté until the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes off and that you get a nice aroma.
5. Now add the marinated prawns and some water for the prawns to cook. Close the lid and cook in medium flame for 3 minutes and then stir it for another 3-4 minutes in high flame until you get dry prawns with masala sticking on it. Switch off the stove
6. Sqeeze half lemon and sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves over the prawn fry while serving