Mushroom Curry recipe :
Poorani is practising general dentistry in Oman. She was one of my best friends in school. She has tried and liked this recipe of her own make with South Indian flavours in it.
Button Mushroom – 1Cup
Onions – 2 no – finely chopped
Tomato – 1 finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Turmeric powder – half a teaspoon
Chilli powder – 1 or 2 teaspoonfuls
Coriander powder – 2 teaspoonfuls
Cooking Oil – 2 spoons
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
1. Add oil in a hot pan and add mustard. As the mustard seeds splutter, add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes. Then add chopped onions, tomatoes and mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes.
2. Now add Turmeric, Chilli and coriander powder and wait 2 minutes till the raw smell disappears.
3. After this add 2 cups of water and salt. Let it boil well till mushroom is cooked.
4. Lastly add coconut milk and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Switch off the stove and add coriander leaves for flavour.
4. Now the Mushroom curry is ready. Serve hot with steamed rice / idli /dosa / chapathi.