Yam stir fry Recipe:
I prefer yam fry with sambar or curd rice. Very delicious indeed. Being a tuber vegetable, its rich in minerals and carries lot of health benefits.
For easy make, I cut them into large or medium pieces and parboil. For smaller pieces, I skip the parboiling step.
1/2 cup yam pieces(large or medium slices)
1/2 tbl spn chilli powder
1/4 tspn turmeric powder
1/2 tspn ginger garlic
1/2 tspn fennel seeds
1 stalk of curry leaves
Salt to taste
1. Boil water in a vessel. Add yam pieces, turmeric, salt to it and boil for 2 minutes. Switch off the stove. Let the yam stay in the hot water for 5 mins.
2. After 5 mins remove the yam pieces from the hot water
3. Add chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, salt to yam and let it marinate for 10 mins.
4. Heat 2 tbl spn oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and then stir fry the marinated yam pieces in medium flame for 10-15 minutes. You would get crispy yam. Keep aside.
5. Heat 1 tbl spn oil in a pan and add the curry leaves to splutter. Pour the tempering over the stir fry and serve hot.
1. Rub your hands with few drops of coconut oil after cutting the vegetable as it might cause itching sensation
2. For the yam to be softer inside, sprinkle water as it cooks.