Spring Onions-Egg recipe:
If you are looking for a mild & tasty recipe that could compliment a spicy or a tangy curry, I would suggest go for spring onions-egg recipe from Sarah’s kitchen. Here’s how you make it.
1 bunch of spring onion
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 green chilly (slit across length)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cummin powder
salt to taste
1. Chop the onion bulbs from the greens separately and wash them both thoroughly.
2. Finely chop the onion bulbs and the greens separately. Keep aside
3. Heat 2 tbl spn oil in a pan and add the fennel seeds to splutter. Then add the finely chopped onion bulbs, green chilly and saute till the onions become translucent and there’s slight tint of brown on the edges. Now add the finely chopped greens, salt – stir with the onions and close the lid for 2 mins (don’t add water).
4. Move the onions to one side of the pan. To the other side add 1 tspn oil and break two eggs one by one into the pan(see pic below for ref.). Now add turmeri powder, pepper powder, cumin powder and salt to the egg and scramble them.
5. Now that you have the cooked spring onion one side and the scrambled eggs on the other side of the same pan, mix them together and serve it hot with rice & curry.
Happy Cooking !