Raw Papaya Curry Recipe:
Given the nutritional value that raw papaya carries, I’m inclined to using it in more of my preparations like salad, vegetable side dishes, veg and non-veg curries
Here, I have used potatoes and peas with raw papaya. We could use radish, carrot, kohlrabi, white chenna – all variations taste good for the same recipe. If you love non-veg, prepare curry with mutton and raw papaya.
1 cup – cut into medium sized pieces
1/4 cup green peas
1/4 cup potatoes (small sized pieces)
2 medium sized onion (chopped)
2 big sized tomato (chopped)
1 tbl spn chilly powder
2 tbl spn coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbl spn ginger garlic paste
2-3 green chilly
3 tbl spn oil
2 tbl spn curd
1/4 cup coconut milk
few stalks of Coriander leaves
few stalks of mint leaves
2 stalks of curry leaves
1/2 small sized lemon
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
2 bay leaves
1. Pressure cook green peas and potato with salt for 1 whistle.
2. Pressure cook raw papaya for 2-3 whistle
1. Heat 3 table spn oil in pan and add fennel seeds, clove and bay leaves. Then add green chillies, curry leaves, chopped onion and saute till the onion becomes golden brown . Now add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off. Then add corriander and mint leaves – saute for 1-2 mins.
2. Now add tomato puree and saute it for 2 mins. Then add chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, curd and saute till oil oozes on the sides.
3. Now add all vegetables and let them get cooked in the masala for 5 mins. Add 1/2 cup water and let it get cooked to gravy consistency.
4. Finally add coconut milk and let the curry boil for 2 mins until you get the bubbles on top of the curry. Switch off the stove and add lemon juice.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice/dosa/idli/chapati.