This is a quick make and doesnt take much of your time. Most of us don’t like Beetroot for whatever reason, still it shouldn’t be taken out of your menu for its nutritious value.
Cooked rice : 1 cup
Beetroot: 3/4 big (grated)
Onion: 1 big(finrly chopped)
Green Chillies : 2 (slit into halves)
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dhal – 1/2 tsp
Cummin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
1. Heat 4-5 tbl spn oil in a pan, add mustard seeds to splutter and then add urud dhal, cummin seeds, curry leaves, chopped onion, slit green chilly. Saute till the raw smell of the ingredient goes of and that you get a nice aroma.
2. Add grated Beetroot, sprinkle water and saute for 5 mins so that its cooked.
4. Always make sure you cook in medium flame to low flame .
5. Now add cooked rice and stir it, so its evenly spread on the rice.
6. You could top it with corriander leaves and Serve hot