If you already have cooked rice in the kitchen, then making tomato rice is lot more easier. There’s another form of tomato rice that has similarity with Briyani cooking method and it tastes totally different and delicious and it does need prep & cooking time. For the one that I’m going to share here, it’s an easy lunch box preparation.
Cooked rice : 1 cup
Tomato: 2 big ripe
Onion: 1 big
Chilli powder: 1/2 tbl spn
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tspn
Crushed ginger garlic: 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies : 1
salt to taste
1. Heat 4-5 tbl spn oil in a pan, add mustard seeds to splutter and then add curry leaves, chopped onion, slit green chilly, crushed ginger garlic. Saute till the raw smell of the ingredient goes of and that you get a nice aroma.
2. Add fine cut Tomato and saute till it becomes soft and pulpy. At this stage add chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste
4. Always make sure that you dont burn the spice with too much flame. Cook in medium flame and sprinkle water so you get a thick consistency.
5. After sauting all the ingredients add some more water and cook for another 2 mins to get good tomato paste. Now add cooked rice and stir it, so its evenly spread on the rice.
6. You could top it with corriander leaves and Serve hot